Monday, June 4, 2007

Blue Tooth

In a previous post, I mentioned that I finally broke down and got a cell phone. Even though I was unable to resist this evil piece of technology, I did make a rule that I would never wear my cell phone on my hip. Well, I feel that I need to make an addendum to this rule (FYI: at some point I plan to release an entire Manifesto on cell phone etiquette, be looking for that in the future).

Lately I have noticed that it has become fashionable and trendy to wear your blue tooth receiver as an accessory, as some sort of giant earring. I am sure it starts innocently with someone forgetting that they still have the receiver in their ear, but at some point, people are coming to conclusion that it is acceptable and even cool to leave the receiver in their ear even though they are not using their cell phone. I want to be one of the first people to publicly declare that not only does it make you look like an idiot, it is unacceptable. I have come up with at least two reasons why I will never wear a blue tooth receiver in my ear as a fashion accessory.

1. It makes you look like you are trying too hard to be cool.

2. It makes you look too much like Lando Calrissian's aide, Lobot, in The Empire Strikes Back.









The resemblance is striking, is it not? Please spread the word that this is not cool, and please feel free to punch me in the stomach if you ever see me doing this.

No comments: